Friday, May 23, 2008

Do you buy refurbished stuff?

Today, one of my friends asked for my opinions about the refurbished DELL X51V on sale. I told him that I am the kind of person who are not comfortable buying refurbished stuff, especially the electronics. I know most of the refurbished electronics like digital cameras and printers are just as good as those brand new ones. But if I have to make the decision between buying a refurbished electronics and not buying at all, without a doubt, I will just not buy at all.

I used to buy stuffs like lamp and furnitures from the second hand store when I was a poor student. No offense, but I could not deal with the fact that buying used clothes from second hand stores. I think that is disgusting.

Nowadays, the only things I will buy used are cars and houses. ;) What about you? Do you buy used stuffs?

1 Comment:

Scott Simpson said...

I bought a refurbished JVC camcorder from Tigerdirect.ca not so long ago ... the price was right, so I got it, even though the seller's reputation is iffy.
So far, so good. Decent performance, though I haven't really put it through heavy duty use.
Looks as good as new.

There's one school of thought that manufacturer-respiffied stuff may actually be more reliable than stock goods. The logic is that a certain percentage of off-the-shelf product will be defective somehow, but anything coming from the refurb shop will have been given the once-over after already experiencing the most common breakdowns.